ETF128 Electronic Tuning Fork
Physicians have long known that 128 Hz tuning fork is the most sensitive of the commonly used neurological screening tests available in clinical practice. The ETF¹²⁸(Electronic Tuning Fork/128 Hz) builds on this foundation and takes it to the next level. The ETF does this by electronically reproducing the most valuable features of the traditional tuning fork.
The improved accuracy and reproducibility afforded by this approach has been combined with an integrated timing function. The result is a modern medical instrument allowing physicians to diagnose diabetic peripheral neuropathy (DPN) at earlier stages. Prompt diagnosis of this condition is critical as neuropathy is known to be the key precursor leading to foot ulcers, infections and amputations. Armed with the ETF, physicians will be able to more rapidly implement preventative strategies aimed at reducing limb loss.
Features and Benefits:
- First medical-grade 128 Hz Electronic Tuning Fork
- Ideal for risk stratification and tracking of pedal DPN, entrapment neuropathy, fall risk, pre-/post-operative nerve release
- Standardized timed vibration testing between patients and providers
- Quantitative documentation for EMR requirements
- Five vibration amplitude modes: Descending, Ascending, Constant, Fx Test and Vibroception Average*
- Simple ergonomic design